[Hawkular-dev] Application metrics from Jaeger clients

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon May 8 07:43:02 EDT 2017

In Prometheus metric names do not have to unique, but I believe the combination of tags and the name must be unique. You cannot change the tags. Doing so creates a new time series. In Hawkular Metrics the metric name must be unique for a given metric type and within a single tenant. For example, you cannot have two jaeger-rcp.requests counters living within the same tenant. Metric tags are mutable in Hawkular Metrics. Changing the tags will not result in a new time series.