[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift: Metric table out of sync issue and heapster

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Wed May 24 18:24:13 EDT 2017

We are still running into issues on machines where the metric tables getting out of sync bug has not been fixed for it yet (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HWKMETRICS-660).

@miburman: would it be possible to update our Heapster sink to always update metrics when its started? Eg to remove this check https://github.com/kubernetes/heapster/blob/master/metrics/sinks/hawkular/client.go#L45

I am not sure why we have that check in there in the first place, and I think we should always just update the tag definition on each start. That way if someone has run into the problem where the tags and metrics definitions get out of sync, they can just restart heapster to get things back working again.

Any thoughts?

- Matt