[Hawkular-dev] Generic Hawkular-UI in MiQ

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu May 25 06:43:23 EDT 2017

On 25 May 2017, at 2:40, mike thompson wrote:

> From a MiQ UI perspective, we should be able to ‘map’ multiple
> disparate structures into a canonical MiQ model that gets rendered in
> the UI. The MiQ UI screens are just representing models so as long as
> we just maintain consistent mappings into the canonical fields we
> should be fine. Of course, we will probably have to add new generic
> fields as new attributes arise, but that is expected.

I think what I forgot to mention is that in the .haml when
you have

properties:
- foo
- bar
- baz

it is also possible to compute that list via a method
(under the hood, those lists are method calls anyway)

> This provides a more metadata style approach. It is a change of
> direction, but we are changing things anyway with new technology
> decisions.

The idea is to quickly get out support for new supported
entities (e.g. Infinispan) by having the structure on the metadata.
This also allows for the owners of the entities (Ispn-team) to
provide the knowledge about the structure in the (agent)
metadata without the need to also create MiQ code.

This does not prevent us from doing more specific screens
later on for those entities. It is really meant to get initial
support for those  in more quickly.