[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift: Metric table out of sync issue and heapster

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Sat May 27 02:08:53 EDT 2017

Hi,

That check is there because it greatly reduces the load on the
Hawkular-Metrics in an existing environment. Otherwise, after the
restart, the first time the metrics are sent it is going to make a huge
amount of writes to HWKMETRICS and this will take time (the operations
are slower than datapoint writes after all).

I'll make the change next week to allows deciding the behavior with a
command line parameter (in case we fix it in the metrics some other way
also - or this wasn't the real root cause for some reason).

   - Micke