[Hawkular-dev] jmx exporter - com.sun classes used

Heiko Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 04:26:55 EDT 2017

That package is indeed problematic. And may be even more so in the future
on JDK9+ with the module system, where modules like this may be totally
encapsulated away.

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 5:07 AM, John Mazzitelli <mazz at redhat.com> wrote:

> Take a look at Prometheus's HTTPServer class:
>
> https://github.com/prometheus/client_java/blob/master/
> simpleclient_httpserver/src/main/java/io/prometheus/
> client/exporter/HTTPServer.java#L22-L24
>
> This Prometheus HTTPServer class is what jmx exporter uses for its metrics
> endpoint - see:
>
> https://github.com/prometheus/jmx_exporter/blob/master/jmx_
> prometheus_javaagent/src/main/java/io/prometheus/jmx/JavaAgent.java#L8
> https://github.com/prometheus/jmx_exporter/blob/master/jmx_
> prometheus_httpserver/src/main/java/io/prometheus/jmx/WebServer.java#L7
>
> Since it uses com.sun.net.httpserver classes under the covers, I'll assume
> this rules out support for, say, IBM's JVM (does IBM's JRE implement
> these?). I think this is available on OpenJDK but didn't check to make 100%
> sure.

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill, Eric
Shander