[Hawkular-dev] Separate maven build of Inventory UI

Joel Takvorian jtakvori at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 05:37:21 EDT 2017

Hi,

While I'm really glad that inventory has an embedded UI, very helpful while
testing and debugging, it's a bit sad that it involves nodejs/npm build
triggered during the maven build of hawkular-commons (build time is more
than tripled).

For Hawkular Metrics UI we use a separate repo (hawkular-ui) for the build:
all npm/nodejs build stuff happens there. On hawkular-metrics side, before
preparing the WAR, the webapp is pulled using maven SCM plugin.

What do you think, can we have a similar process here? (I'd volunteer to do
it)