[Hawkular-dev] Separate maven build of Inventory UI

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 05:53:55 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Joel Takvorian <jtakvori at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I'm really glad that inventory has an embedded UI, very helpful
> while testing and debugging, it's a bit sad that it involves nodejs/npm
> build triggered during the maven build of hawkular-commons (build time is
> more than tripled).
>
> For Hawkular Metrics UI we use a separate repo (hawkular-ui) for the
> build: all npm/nodejs build stuff happens there. On hawkular-metrics side,
> before preparing the WAR, the webapp is pulled using maven SCM plugin.
>
> What do you think, can we have a similar process here? (I'd volunteer to
> do it)

As the UI is a development helper, I guess it can go a different repo (I
don't think it has testing by itself).

But if potentially needs to grow (and additions and tests are necessary)
then should be under the CI and perhaps it should be used a separate
profile (-Pui) or similar to let travis to build it.

Both solutions sound good to me, so it is a matter of what people prefer to
do.

Lucas