[hibernate-dev] H.Search: EventListenerRegister

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Sat Aug 23 12:48:50 EDT 2008

Hi Sanne,

I have a few comments, since I was the last one working on the code. I
hope you might find this helpful.
First of all, EventListenerRegister has its origin in the Annotations
project and just recently got moved from Annotations to Search (where it
actually belongs). I applied some refactorings, but the biggest
outstanding refactoring would be to generalise the registration of the
listeners. I tried one apporach, but the code became very hard to read. So
I decided to leave this part as is for now.

Initially I wanted to get rid of the old registration code completely and
if you check the history of the class you will see that I did not have
'searchEventListenerClass == eventListener.getClass().getSuperclass();' at
all. It worked fine for the latest versions of Annotations and Search.
However, I think there were problems when using different combinations of
Annotations and Search. For that reason Emmanuel added this additional
check. It evades me right now what the actual reason was.

Regarding "isAssignableFrom" - you might be right. Let me have another
look at the code and come back to you.

--Hardy