[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 3.1

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sun Feb 24 16:10:34 EST 2008

I think Hibernate Search should go for 3.1 from now one in trunk:
  - Lucene 2.3 brings some interesting enhancements that we could
benefit from.
  - Sanne has some interesting feedbacks on new reader strategies
(warming up readers), as well as some alternative strategies to speed
up mass indexing.
  - Hardy started working on the Null marker value and this requires
some compatibility changes
  - John worked on adding TermVectors
  - Nick has been working on Similarity, which is a big feature and
deserve some testing and feedbacks.
  - I have some additional idea to move some API to a higher level

Do not restrain from breaking changes, but please discuss them here
first before using the butchery knife :)

If you have a todo list for Hibernate Search or if you think some
Hibernate Search areas should be enhanced / reworked, feel free to
discuss your ideas here.

On a less technical note, Hibernate Search has some very good
adoption both standalone and together with JBoss Seam. I had a lot of
tremendous feedback at JBoss World Orlando. We even won a JBoss
Innovation Awards ( well Alintec did ;) ).

Keep up the good work!

Emmanuel