[hibernate-dev] Hibernate EntityManager and Annotations bug fix release

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Mon Mar 17 12:14:28 EDT 2008

Steve Ebersole wrote:
> JBoss as a whole is working with the Maven team (Jason) about setting up
> synching of all the projects we write to the JBoss repo
> (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/) automatically.  Personally, it is
> not worth my time, imo, to have to go through this "upload" rigamarole
> for every release since we already have upload access to the JBoss repo...

Provided I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing so, I'd like to help
out with the aforesaid rigmarole until more permanent syncing
arrangments can be put into place.

As far as the jboss repository is concerned...
It contains numerous artifacts with the same ids as things in central -
I *hope* these are just duplicates, not subtley different variations. It
also in a number of cases contains the same artifact under multiple
different group/artifactIds. Altogether, I just don't trust it enough to
list it in my POMs.

Therefore, I think there's a distinct advantage to getting things into
central.

I'd go ahead and file an upload request for hibernate-annotations, but
there's the question I mentioned earlier in this thread of the
javax.persistence:persistence-api:1.0 vs.
org.hibernate:ejb3-persistence:1.0.1.GA duality to resolve.

Max.