[hibernate-dev] Table and quoted names

Juraci Paixao Krohling jcosta at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 10:06:32 EDT 2010

On 10/01/2010 03:20 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> I'd like to figure out if this could be determined by looking at the
> DatabaseMetaData before making the Dialects have to specify this.  With
> the Dialects its just another thing we need to "keep in synch".  Not
> sure if you saw my comments in ObjectName wrt DatabaseMetaData, but
> those 2 were just the start of my investigation into this.

Sorry if I misunderstood or if it was discussed before, but when using
DatabaseMetaData, it's always wise to have a fall back to the Dialect,
in case the driver returns wrong information. For instance, the Sybase
15 JDBC4 driver returns a wrong value for getIdentifierQuoteString()
(see https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-4661).

- Juca.