[hibernate-dev] classloading issue when trying to add envers to as7

Adam Warski adam at warski.org
Tue Aug 2 12:09:32 EDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

> It is probably easier to integrate the Envers as a standalone module that depends on the AS7 "org.hibernate" module.  The "org.hibernate" module needs to depend on "envers" as well (to satisfy the circular dependency).  We should at least try to do it that way.  Strong had run into difficulty with creating the patch (I'm not sure what exactly since I got busy with other stuff when he was doing this).

Right, I think the point is there is no circular dependency. org.hibernate shouldn't depend on org.hibernate.envers.
The problem is if integrator discovery will work in such case - if not, I think it should be made to work. This affects also Search, I think, which also uses Integrators? And any other Integrators that users may write and include as a library in their application or as a module in JBoss.

Adam

--
Adam Warski

http://twitter.com/#!/adamwarski