[hibernate-dev] Hibernate4 artifact names, Persistence provider name, maven...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 09:55:23 EDT 2011

If someone wanted to include both Hibernate 3 + Hibernate 4 in the same
project, that might be easier if the Hibernate 4 artifacts had a version
number in it or was changed for every new major release.  I don't think
Maven supports building two versions of the same artifact (at the same
dependency level).

For the persistence provider name,
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence, I'm wondering if we could have a
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence4 in addition, that could be used
to uniquely reference Hibernate 4.x persistence providers.

I assume this is too late in the Hibernate 4 cycle to change, but wanted
to bring the idea up.

Changing the artifact names would impact other projects that depends on
Hibernate4 and would need to sync up with the changes as well.

What do you think?

Scott