[hibernate-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] Which JBoss Logging version to use in AS and Hibernate Core

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 8 05:12:01 EST 2011

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 00:33:23 +0100, David M. Lloyd
<david.lloyd at redhat.com> wrote:

>> I don't think the shade approach is the way to go; it wouldn't work in
>> AS 7.1, which is our final goal.
>
> Yeah, it would actually.  It would just put a copy of that base class in
> your JAR somewhere, and then your generated classes would extend that
> class instead of the one which is missing in 3.0, thus your program
> would function normally.

Even though this solution seems of the table, I just thought that the
productization
team cannot use the shade plugin (don't ask me why). For that reasons they
actually
have to remove the shade plugin from the pom and patch the build in other
ways.

--Hardy