[hibernate-dev] Hibernate and Eclipse

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 11:37:17 EDT 2011

On Sep 30, 2011, at 20:01, Gail Badner wrote:

> There have been a couple of comments about problems with eclipse integration with Hibernate 3.6.7:
> - http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateCore367FinalRelease#comment21925
> - http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateCore367FinalRelease#comment22031
>
> I don't use Eclipse myself. Does anyone have an answer?

It's not just Eclipse, its any Hibernate tools usage that have the problem.

Hibernate 3.6 breaks API so we can't build console configurations and session factories
without recompiling and if we do that we won't work with Hibernate 3.2-3.5.

Same problem with Hibernate 4.

Now when Hibernate 4 is keeping Configuration it becomes somewhat more possible to support
Hibernate 3.5 and Hibernate 4…but its rather messy unfortunately ;(

Dima is working on solving some of this but its still very experimental.

If anyone got time to help out we very much welcome it!

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen