[hibernate-dev] OGM: MongoDB integration

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 20 14:22:50 EDT 2012

Hello all,
I'm satisfied with this structure as a good starting point; let's know
hack together from this reference; please discard the previous
branches.

git at github.com:hibernate/hibernate-ogm.git

branch: mongodb

There are some limitations, so I wasn't happy to integrate it in master yet.
The main problems are:

1# It's not passing all tests. This is my current output:

Simply put, the GridDialect is not complete as it's not implementing
all methods.

2# Even passing the tests, it requires a MongoDB instance to connect to.
Not sure yet how we're going to deal with this for continuous
integration.. I guess we need MongoDB installed on the Jenkins
machines, or use some external PAAS.

I've identified some other minor problems too: not all tests cleanup
properly - some of these failures appear to be induced by previous
failures, like uncommitted transactions still bound to the running
thread.
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/OGM-138

Last problem, since MongoDB actually remembers state between test runs
we need to make sure we cleanup stored data as well; I'll extend the
core module testsuite for this.
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/OGM-139

Regards,