[hibernate-dev] Jira notifications

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Mar 24 15:25:27 EDT 2013

I am looking into the problem of hibernate-issues no longer getting Jira
notifications.  One possible reason is the use of the custom
"Participants" field in our notification scheme.  I am wondering if we
ought to remove that rule from the notification scheme. Atlassian have
added an "autowatch" field that kind of does the same thing.  Basically
each user can enable/disable autowatch for themselves, which controls
whether they are automatically added as a watcher of any issues they
comment on.  The notification scheme would then notify them as a watcher.

One downside to the current notification scheme is that participants can
never opt-out of notifications.   So this might be a worthwhile change
anyway.

Dunno if that solves the problem with notifications to hibernate-issues
or not.  But wanted to see what everyone else felt.