[hibernate-dev] [HV] HV and RESTEasy integration

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 14 09:16:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

Actually I thought what you describe would already be the case.

RESTEasy has a class ResteasyViolationExceptionMapper [1] which creates
HTTP responses in case of violation exceptions. I had a quick look at the
same and from that I'd say the required code is basically in place already
in this mapper, it is only not called for plain BV ValidationExceptions.

Thus those are mapped to TEXT_PLAIN responses while
ResteasyViolationExceptions (which are raised by the method validation
integration) yield a nice XML/JSON responses. I recommend to open a
RESTEASY issue for that.

--Gunnar

[1]
https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/jaxrs/providers/resteasy-validator-provider-11/src/main/java/org/jboss/resteasy/api/validation/ResteasyViolationExceptionMapper.java