[hibernate-dev] Another @Access quandry

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 1 22:20:22 EDT 2014

I have heard no more comments, so I will move forward with this as stated
earlier.

Additionally, I started working the a PoC for the idea of making this
resolution pluggable.  Here is the initial stroke for the contract:

/**
 * Contract responsible for resolving the members that identify the
persistent
 * attributes for a given class descriptor representing a managed type.
 *
 * These members (field or method) would be where we look for mapping
annotations
 * for the attribute.
 *
 * Additionally, whether the member is a field or method would tell us the
default
 * runtime access strategy
 *
 * @author Steve Ebersole
 */
public interface PersistentAttributeMemberResolver {
/**
 * Given the ManagedType Java type descriptor and the implicit AccessType
 * to use, resolve the members that indicate persistent attributes.
 *
 * @param managedTypeDescriptor The ManagedType Java type descriptor
 * @param implicitAccessType The implicit AccessType for the resolution
 *
 * @return The list of "backing members"
 */
public List<MemberDescriptor> resolveMembers(
JavaTypeDescriptor managedTypeDescriptor,
AccessType implicitAccessType);
}