[hibernate-dev] Hosting of binaries

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 13 13:21:00 EDT 2015

On 13 August 2015 at 18:09, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> So basically I think we should push both the artifacts and distros to
> multiple places.  To me the real question is that of process.  How do we
> get them to each place?  Given that we have had trouble with SF for distro
> uploads and Nexus for artifact uploads, I'd prefer to not do those uploads
> as part of the release tasks.
>
> One thought was a CI job to do some of the uploads.  The release would
> upload to the one we generally do not have trouble with (my guess is this
> means bintray/jcenter and/or JBoss file server).  The CI job would perform
> the rest.
>
> Or maybe the CI job does all of the uploads.
>
> Can CI jobs be parameterized?

Yes they can. Hibernate OGM releases are fully automated, except the blog post.

See this job configuration, it uses parameters:
 - http://ci.hibernate.org/view/OGM/job/hibernate-ogm-release/configure

It's not entirely maintenace free though.. you still have to watch it,
and when it goes wrong (for any of the usual reasons) it might be a
bit harder to workaround.