[hibernate-dev] OGM build job failed: javac bug!

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 19 06:06:55 EDT 2015

On 19 August 2015 at 08:15, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Ok, seems we are hitting a known issue in the Maven compiler plug-in
> [1], where incremental compilation causes this error in the "deploy"
> phase. I've worked around this by disabling Maven's incremental
> compilation feature.
>
> But I am now running into an issue during the upload to SourceForge:
> "Host key verification failed". Has our public key changed? Or may
> this still be an aftermath of the recent SF apocalypse?

N.B. that error message doesn't mean that your private key is not
being accepted, it means that your side (the client) refused to talk
with the server as the server has a new signature, which needs us to
verify we want to go ahead (i.e. it's a safety feature at our side to
abort).

To avoid a man-in-the-middle attack in this case you should verify
that the new public key of SF is matching the one our client is
seeing; then you can delete the old one from our server and have it
accept the new key.

How is this key being managed now?
We could do the same I did for github:
 - https://github.com/hibernate/ci.hibernate.org/commit/5346bcd060fd3faa3e44b7120d6423fee9e4c26a#diff-19ba7b72f8e35d36fe169a8c44861214

Sanne

> Has anyone uploaded stuff to SF recently via sftp/scp successfully?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Gunnar
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-236

>> I will take a look. I remember seeing the specific bug before, maybe
>> it's gone already in the latest 1.8 release.

>>> I only noticed today that this job is failing:
>>>  - http://ci.hibernate.org/job/hibernate-ogm-release/64/console
>>>
>>> and so did the previous one (build 63).
>>>
>>> The highlight in the logs seems to be
>>>
>>> "An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.8.0_45). Please file a
>>> bug at the Java Developer Connection
>>> (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport) after checking the Bug Parade
>>> for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
>>> your report. Thank you."
>>> [followed by stacktraces]
>>>
>>> Did someone already check that
>>>  a) it didn't hose the release
>>>  b) if there are duplicates, or we need reporting?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sanne