[hibernate-dev] Forum changes proposal

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 10 07:12:44 EST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 09:58:01PM +0000, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> This seems a nice precedent:
>  - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-collections-users/m8FnCcmtC88

Right, this is pretty much what I had in mind as well. Whether one would create
a dedicated mailing list like hibernate-discussions can be discussed, but otherwise
I would sign under the approach taken for google-collections-users. As mentioned
in the post, the best place with the biggest community for questions of the "How do I"
type is Stackoverflow.

So basically I would suggest:

- Put the forum into a read only mode
- Add a banner explaining the move to Stackoverflow (similar in content to what's in the post
  mentioned above)
- Create a Hibernate Team on Stackoverflow
- Make sure all Hibernate related tags and wiki pages are up to date
- Add a "Where-to-post summary" to hibernate.org
- Create a hibernate-discussions mailing list!?

I think we would gain a lot of by this approach.

--Hardy