[hibernate-dev] SchemaCreatorImpl always creating a poolable sequence

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 28 12:07:15 EDT 2016

I do think this is an error.  I think the proper fix is to first make use
of Exporter<Sequence>#getSqlCreateStrings via Dialect#getSequenceExporter.

>From there, either:

   1. Change the standard Exporter<Sequence> to look at
   Dialect#supportsPooledSequences and deciding which
   Dialect#getCreateSequenceStrings form to call
   2. Change Firebird's Exporter<Sequence> impl

I'd also suggest we properly deprecate Dialect#supportsPooledSequences,
Dialect#getCreateSequenceStrings directing to Dialect#getSequenceExporter.