[hibernate-dev] [hibernate-announce] Releasing Hibernate OGM 5.1.0.Beta1: now with Hot Rod support!

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 8 13:53:25 EST 2016

Thanks Radim!

the blog attempts to be short, I mention the Referential Integrity
problem in the reference documentation:

"
 Referential integrity
 While we can use relations based on foreign keys, Infinispan has no
notion of referential  integrity. Hibernate is able to maintain the
integrity as it won’t "forget" stale references, >  but since the
storage doesn’t support transactions either it is possible to
interrupt Hibernate OGM during such maintenance and introduce breaks
of integrity.
"
 - https://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/ogm/5.1/reference/en-US/html_single/#storage_principles_of_the_infinispan_remote_dataprovider

It's not explicitly listed in the known limitations, as I consider it
part of the "there's no transactions" point here:
 - https://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/ogm/5.1/reference/en-US/html_single/#known_limitations_future_improvements

You think that's enough? It's a though one, as I want to be clear
about the limitations but w/o scaring people off by repeating
limitations too many times.
There are also various big highlighted baloons mentioning:

 "
Caution
The Hibernate OGM support for Infinispan Remote is considered experimental. "

Happy to clarify the docs as needed.

Thanks!
Sanne