[hibernate-dev] [hibernate-announce] Releasing Hibernate OGM 5.1.0.Beta1: now with Hot Rod support!

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 14:13:46 EST 2016

I understand that you don't want to scare users off, but I would mention
that at least in the section about deciding between embedded and Hot Rod:

"When connecting to an /Infinispan Server/ over the /Hot Rod client/,
the architecture is similar to having Hibernate connect to traditional
database: the data is stored on the /Infinispan Server/ nodes, and
Hibernate OGM uses a client with a pool of TCP connections to talk to
the server."

Traditional databases are transactional, so I would put a notice about
no-transactions here, with a link to "9.3.4. Storage Principles of the
Infinispan Remote dataprovider"

Most people probably understand what *is* the loss of referential
integrity, but 9.3.4 is not really specific *when* does this happen. As
you speak about "interrupting Hibernate OGM", I would assume that this
is limited to a case when some operation fails (due to network
breakage), but it's not clear that this can happen even with successful
concurrent operations. Therefore, an example that can lead to broken
integrity could be useful, along with information about concurrent
operations that are safe (basically saying that if each session uses
distinct set of entities, you are safe).

Is there any option to detect (and fix) the problems? (by a batch job...?)

Radim