[hibernate-dev] Replacement for SessionFactoryImplementor#getClassMetadata ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 7 07:55:57 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Hibernate Search is using this method, but it's deprecated with the
following comment:
"Use the descriptors from #getMetamodel() instead".

I'm a bit lost about how to reach the same by using the Metamodel.

I found this solution:

SessionFactoryImplementor sfi =..
ClassMetadata cm = (ClassMetadata) sfi.getMetamodel().entityPersister( x );

But it's requiring a suspicious casting, which I was hoping to avoid
as I'm already working at SPI level?

My goal is to ultimately read
`ClassMetadata#getIdentifierPropertyName()`. Maybe there's a better
approach?

Thanks,