[infinispan-dev] Disabled PooledConnectionFactoryTest

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 17:26:33 EDT 2009

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Hmm, PooledConnectionFactoryTest still seems disabled:
>
> Obelix:trunk manik$ bin/findDisabledTests.py
> Files containing disabled tests:
>
> 1. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/MemConsumptionTest.java
> 2. tree/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/TreeProfileTest.java
> 3. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/ProfileTest.java
> 4. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/AbstractProfileTest.java
> 5.
> cachestore/jdbc/src/test/java/org/infinispan/loader/jdbc/PooledConnectionFactoryTest.java
>

>       (finished in 0.249939 seconds)
> Obelix:trunk manik$
>
> I understand this is a C3P0 issue, but the bug seems pretty old (> 1
> year?) and still not fixed.
true
> I don't quite understand the specific problem here - could you pls
> explain in further detail?  Is it something we can work around?
What I did it to compare the stack trace we had with the one in the bug
- it is exactly the same.
Now, their description of the issue is a complicated race  condition but
user complains describe the scenario as a freeze when connections are
allocated *immediately* after the pool is created - same as in our test
case.
Not really a common scenario, but guess it might affect our users
indirectly.