[infinispan-dev] test suite status

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Aug 13 11:27:03 EDT 2009

Nice one.  Good to see that we're getting there!

Some comments below:

On 13 Aug 2009, at 16:17, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Here is a how things are with hudson tests:
> - hudson user still cannot bind to UDP, so we're using TCP+TCPPING.
> There are two tests that check that in the class named:
> TcpMPingEnvironmentTest.

Can we disable this test by default, until we know that something has
been done to allow UDP to work better on Hudson?  It's just generating
noise otherwise.

> - I've found a workaround for the SingleStore test (one in which
> coordinators were stopped): I've increased the TCPPING.port_range to 5
> and that sorted the problem.
> - S3 cache stores failures were fixed - Adrian if you can take a look
> would be great
> - other intermittent failures were fixed
>
> Besides the 2 failures in TcpMPingEnvironmentTest, there are other 6:
> - 3 failures in TableNameUniquenessTest - caused by xsd missing from
> the path
> - CacheManagerXmlConfigurationTest-
> testNamedCacheXMLClashingNamesProgrammatic
> - CacheManagerXmlConfigurationTest-testNamedCacheXML
> - XmlFileParsingTest-testNamedCacheFileJaxb
>
> All above 5 are failing with the same missing xsd  error. Vladimir,
> would it be possible for you to take a look at the 6 failure above?

I've mentioned these in a previous email, reiterating here for the
record:

1.  XSD should be generated before the test suite is run. Perhaps in
the pre-test or post-compile phase.
2.  The code should skip loading the schema if schema validation is
disabled, following this algorithm:

> validating = system property "infinispan.config.validate", defaults
> to true.
> schema file = system property "infinispan.config.schema", defaults
> to schemas/infinispan-config-4.0.xsd
> schema URL = system property "infinispan.config.schema.url" defaults
> to http://www.jboss.org/infinispan/infinispan-config-4.0.xsd
>
> if (validating) {
> 1.  try and load schema file from classpath
> 2.  else, try and load schema file on file system
> 3.  else, try and load from schema URL
> 4.  else, throw an exception!
> }

3.  The unit test suite should *not* attempt to skip schema
validation.  This will, on one level, test schema validation code, and
on another, ensure all sample cfg files we ship with are valid.
4.  We should document the above system properties.  Javadoc for
Configuration could be one place, but also on the wiki.

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan