[infinispan-dev] Query API and non POJO entries

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 04:28:57 EDT 2009

This is kind of directed to Navin - I haven't really caught up on
how/what you are doing with with the query stuff (had a quick search
of the mailling list), but I had a few thoughts/ideas:

I would like to be able to query content in the cache which is not a
POJO - as in the data has some meaning which is not fields of a pojo
(eg it is JSON, or XML, or some binary format)  - so say we know that
an entry in the cache is a certain type (MIME type) we can index it
accordingly (I have done this with Lucene in Jackrabbit before and it
works quite nicely) - I am proposing a MIMECacheEntry for this (this
is obviously of use to me in the RESTful interface) - do you think
this is doable ? (I have some other ideas re searching within key
string patterns as well which would be really nice).

Thoughts?
(and I need to have a look at that branch I think).

--
Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net