[infinispan-dev] Query API and non POJO entries

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 05:48:09 EDT 2009

On 3 Sep 2009, at 09:28, Michael Neale wrote:

> This is kind of directed to Navin - I haven't really caught up on
> how/what you are doing with with the query stuff (had a quick search
> of the mailling list), but I had a few thoughts/ideas:

Right now, I'm working on changing up some of the old JBCS API into
some newer and slicker stuff for Infinispan. Since it's a new and
slick project, why not step the querying up a gear eh?

> I would like to be able to query content in the cache which is not a
> POJO - as in the data has some meaning which is not fields of a pojo
> (eg it is JSON, or XML, or some binary format)  - so say we know that
> an entry in the cache is a certain type (MIME type) we can index it
> accordingly (I have done this with Lucene in Jackrabbit before and it
> works quite nicely) -

As far as I know if you can get stuff into Lucene then it should be
okay. Personally, I'm a newb w.r.t. Jackrabbit, so I'm not sure how
it's tied into Lucene. I'm going to assume that as long as you use
regular Cache API and it gets put into Lucene then everything should
work fine. But I guess that there's really only one way to find out by
trying it out :-).

> I am proposing a MIMECacheEntry for this (this
> is obviously of use to me in the RESTful interface) - do you think
> this is doable ? (I have some other ideas re searching within key
> string patterns as well which would be really nice).

Again, I'm not really experienced with RESTful stuff either. Maybe
Galder or Mircea could help with this?

If you have any ideas on searching within keystring patterns then by
all means - suggestions are always welcome.

> Thoughts?
> (and I need to have a look at that branch I think).

Yes yes - I'm doing a lot of stuff in the ISPN-32 branch. I'm gonna
hopefully switch it back into trunk over the next couple of days.
Early next week at worst I reckon.