[infinispan-dev] Setting JGroups channel name

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 11:21:49 EDT 2009

On 09-09-10 10:57 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> infinispan creates one channel only for all cache caches associated to
> a CacheManager.
> it would be nice to be able pass it a name through channel.setName,
> for debugging reasons only.

I see. So two CacheManagers might use two different configuration files
where transport names are different but they usually use the same
configuration files, don't they? So what's the point of the name in that
case?

I mentioned generating next in sequence name as a way to differentiate
each channel instance that belongs to the same cluster. Each channel
would have a unique name (A, B, C...)

I admit - I am confused!