[infinispan-dev] Setting JGroups channel name

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 15:29:34 EDT 2009

On 09-09-10 1:41 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> Good point. What we can do is use a placeholder ${nodeName:default}
> and if one specifies it through -DnodeName will be taken into account.
> It's much easier going through logs and looking for nodes named:
> "aaaa", "bbb" and "ccc" rather than host:port1, host2:port2 etc.
> Actually we even have a script that does that, so that we can debug
> logs more easily :)

Yes, but as soon as you have two cache managers in the same VM you are
screwed, right? We would end up with two channels with the same name.
Everything would work as far as JGroups is concerned but logs would be
useless.

Don't forget that channel names need to be unique per JVM and across JVMs!

The only solution I can think of is to add API that allows naming of
CacheManagers. That name could be reused to name channel as well.