[infinispan-dev] [hibernate-dev] [HSearch] DSL for Lucene queries (was: Re: Query module new API and configurations)

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 10:12:37 EDT 2009

Just wanted to get this topic re-started again.

Essentially what I think this project/DSL/module/thingy-bob is thought
to become: -

A simple package where a user can build Lucene queries without having
to know too much about Lucene itself. If I'm headed down the wrong
thought path then just thwack me.

On 26 Aug 2009, at 21:08, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 13:39 +0200, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> I've been thinking about a DSL to build Lucene queries in the last
>> day.
>> What do you think of this proposal?
>
> What do you really gain compared to native Lucene queries?

What's gained I believe is the fact that people can build complex
lucene queries easier. Currently, it's a bit clunky imo so if we
provide a cleaner way to build them it can prove beneficial to any
lucene user (myself included for querying on Infinispan).

Any other thoughts?