[infinispan-dev] JDK5 or JDK6? Was: A better fix for Immutables

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:57:11 EDT 2009

My 2c:

I'm deploying only on JDKs >=6 since three years now,
and IMHO new projects going to consider Infinispan in this timeframe
are probably in a design/early development fase, almost everyone
will be ready to deploy something stable only after the JDK5 will be phased out.

The main "market" for this kind of libraries is enterprise, which wants support
and will probably refrain from using Java5, at least for new deployments.