[infinispan-dev] JDK5 or JDK6? Was: A better fix for Immutables

Adrian Cole ferncam1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:29:20 EDT 2009

I think most enterprises will react to the EOL of JDK 5.  For example, when
JDK 1.4 was EOL, almost all applications in a medium sized enterprise I
worked in were on JDK 5 within a year.  One limiting factor in uptake time
was the maturity of appservers that supported the new JDK.  In today's
context, JDK 6 compatible appservers and frameworks have been available for
over a year already, and past their .0 release.  I agree that embracing
infinispan would imply reasonably fresh thinking and already place it into a
dev team who are probably already on JDK 6.  I moreover doubt any enterprise
would issue a policy enforcing use of an EOL JDK, so these fresh thinking
dev teams will not likely encounter problems moving to prod.

at the end of that ramble....

+1 release with JDK 6+ support

Cheers,
Adrian