[infinispan-dev] Evaluating Infinispan

Krzysztof Sobolewski Krzysztof.Sobolewski at atm.com.pl
Wed Sep 30 10:00:57 EDT 2009

Dnia piątek 25 wrzesień 2009 o 15:18:45 Manik Surtani napisał(a):

> > Yeah, it's a kind of love-hate relationship. I personally prefer to
> > have them
> > everywhere (and sometimes come up with really bizarre contraptions).
> > At least
> > one prominent book writer thought once I was an expert on the topic ;)
>
> I used to have them everywhere in JBC and IMO it made the internal
> code very inflexible as everything needed to be parameterized in very
> unnecessary ways.

It's more of a chore than inflexibility, because the types must match anyway,
generics or not. But the declarations spread like a wildfire. Give me [more]
type inference and type aliases and I'm almost happy :) Or maybe it's better
to switch to Scala.

> > I actually read about it on your blog and assumed that it's a public
> > API :) I
> > thought I could use it to solve some problems relating to lack of tree
> > structure (or, more specifically, lack of getChildrenNames()).
>
> In future it is something we may make public.  But needs some more
> thought before it is made public, as you can imagine.  :)

I can see you changed some things already (and the TreeCache.getCache()
thing). Unfortunately currently I have some other things to do than porting to
Infinispan, but I'll get back to it some day :)
-KS