[infinispan-dev] memcached.sh

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Feb 24 08:07:25 EST 2010

Galder

I notice you have a memcached.sh script to start the memcached server.  I believe this should be something like startServer.sh, given that we are not actually starting memcached?  ;)

And perhaps the script could be reused for HotRod as well ... passing in a flag to specify which protocol to speak, perhaps something like:

   $ startServer.sh -p memcached

or

  $ startServer.sh -p hotrod

Perhaps org.infinispan.server.memcached.Main could be in the server/core module instead, and based on the protocol flag passed in, kick start the appropriate server?  WDYT?

Also, how do you handle graceful shutdown of the server?  Do you need to do something like listen on a separate, shutdown port (accepting local connections only) for a shutdown signal?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan