[infinispan-dev] asynchronous change manager for high load Lucene

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 01:50:54 EDT 2010

Manik Surtani wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2010, at 12:14, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> Manik, you have an example of how I should send a message to a
>> selected member by integrating in Infinispan? I think I can figure out
>> how to send it with some code reading, but I'm mostly lost about how
>> to receive it? Or maybe you suggest I should share the
>> JGroupsTransport with totally infinispan-independent code?
>
> Hmm, I'd really like to not have to expose the RpcManager as a client
> API. The reason why is that we do a lot of Infinispan-specific
> optimisations on this layer and this needs to be carefully considered
> if we want to expose it as a mechanism for people to do arbitrary RPC.
>
> The RpcManager does sit on top of a JGroups channel though, and what
> Bela mentioned is the ability for a JGroups channel to have different
> RPC systems built on top of it and to dispatch inbound RPC to the
> appropriate handler. JGroups has an RpcDispatcher building-block that
> you could use.

Brian and I are discussing this, and I prototyped an example in [1].
We're currently debating whether a shared transport or [1] is better.
We're probably going to end up with a mixture: unrelated components will
each use a separate channel on top of the same shared transport, related
components might end up sharing a channel (on top of the same shared
transport).

I'm cautious with [1] as I don't want to get back into the same mess we
had with the Multiplexer !

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JGRP-1177

--
Bela Ban