[infinispan-dev] support for extending Infinispan

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 14 06:46:35 EDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on an POC for continuous-query in ISPN. This runs on top of Drools, and is a independent mvn module.
> One of the things I needed to do was broadcasting remote commands and make them available in the interceptor chain.

What do you mean exactly with broadcasting remote commands and make them available? Could you be more precise on how it works?

If what you need to is send commands to other nodes, couldn't the distributed executor framework that Vladimir is working on help here?

> As Infinispan does only support a fixed number of Commands and I cannot  (and don't want to) add a new command as I am in a different module, I hacked the PutKeyValue: on special key values, my interceptors know that  they should handle it. This way, PutKeyValue is not a put per se, but a way to facilitate RPC and an ugly hack :)
> I was thinking that a GenericCommand that would contain a Map of parameters would be handy for this scenario. Also a method on the visitor, visitGenericCommand. This would allow integration projects (like cq) to be done nicely. If this sounds appealing I can detail..
>
> Cheers,
> Mircea

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache