[infinispan-dev] Spring Infinispan finished for now

Olaf Bergner olaf.bergner at gmx.de
Fri Apr 15 13:15:07 EDT 2011

Hi Marius,

Am 15.04.11 17:36, schrieb Marius Bogoevici:
> This looks pretty cool.
Thanks.

> Olaf, Manik,
>
> I would like to include this in Snowdrop (jboss.org/snowdrop), which
> contains a number of JBoss-specific extensions to Spring (and is part
> of the JBoss product portfolio too as part of
> http://www.jboss.com/products/wfk/), especially as this would allow
> Spring developers running in latter versions of JBoss AS to get
> out-of-the box caching support.
>
> Ales (in CC) has started something similar too - see
> https://github.com/alesj/snowdrop/tree/cache2. I think that we can
> blend the two approaches in a very good fashion.
>
> Olaf, would you be OK with "adopting" the code in Snowdrop?
I trust that this doesn't constitute an exclusive or, i.e. it would
still be possible to have this published as an "official" Spring
Extension? Otherwise I would be glad to have it adopted in Snowdrop.

Actually, it might make sense to split Spring Infinispan into two
modules. One containing the Infinispan backed Spring Cache SPI
implementation proper, and another one containing all those additional
support classes for working with "native" Infinispan caches within the
Spring programming model. If - for some reason - Spring refuses to have
the latter as part of a Spring Extension we could still include it in
Snowdrop.

Cheers,
Olaf