[infinispan-dev] benchmarking ideal distribution

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu Feb 3 07:52:25 EST 2011

On 2 Feb 2011, at 14:47, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Some comments, in:
>
> name="idealdistribution/dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml" useEvenHashing="true
>
> Does dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml differ in any way to dist-sync.xml? The reason I ask is cos reading the wiki, it seems like useEvenHashing "makes Infinispan plugin to use the ideal consistent hashing implementation rather than the configured one".
Good point. I've removed useEvenHashing and leave the hash to be configured in ISPN.

> So, if dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml and dist-sync.xml are different, in which way are they different and way? Seems like RadarGun could already make the changes the necessary to  make dist-sync use ideal CH?
Now they would be different in the consistent hashing class used.

> Reading futther, it seems like Infinispan config must have:
> <hash numOwners="2" rehashEnabled="false" rehashRpcTimeout="60000" class="org.radargun.cachewrappers.EvenSpreadingConsistentHash"/>
>
> I think RadarGun could do these modifications without forcing users to have a separate dist-sync-*.xml file.
+1. Just that right now Radargun relies on the name of the file in order to include it in the report, so two different files should be configured.
This needs to change: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/radargun/ticket/19

Indeed! https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/radargun/ticket/20

> Thanks for writing this up!
Thanks again for the excellent feedback!