[infinispan-dev] Some docs on OGM

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 17 08:21:17 EST 2011

On 17 janv. 2011, at 11:39, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Emmanuel, good stuff on getting this done.

Thanks for the feedback, see below.

> Looking at the code, it seems like all entities are stored within the same Infinispan Cache instance called "ENTITIES". In the second level cache we separate each entities 2LC cache into a separate cache instance? I think the latter would make it easier to support situations where certain entities are deployed in classloader isolation and some others are not, and might make it easier to define eviction/expiry settings on a per entity type.

Can you detail what's the classloader isolation issue is about? FYI, I only store "primitive types" just like a database would do. I don't store any high level type.

And for the current goal, eviction policy would be tragic, we would lose data :)
But I agree, when we will target the Grid + JPA we might need some custom eviction policy per entity type though I wonder how we will be able to address query in this case.
I'll add a todo.

> I cloned the code last week but cannot find OgmcollectionPersister.class ??

It's on the OGM branch
git checkout ogm
https://github.com/emmanuelbernard/hibernate-core-ogm/blob/ogm/ogm/src/main/java/org/hibernate/ogm/persister/OgmEntityPersister.java