[infinispan-dev] running test suite with JBossTM vs DummyTM

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Jan 24 11:50:32 EST 2011

On 24 Jan 2011, at 16:34, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Seems a good idea, but it's also nice if we can keep the testsuite
> quick to run;
The performance difference would result from TM doing write on the disk during 2PC prepare( I think it's after the prepare phase). This only happens if we run distributed transactions tough (i.e. more than one participant), otherwise the TM would optimise the call for a single resource and no disk access takes place.
Even more, AFAIK this can be disabled not to do disk access ( keep tx log in memory).
So I estimate the performance should be about the same.