[infinispan-dev] Old JBoss repo in pom.xml

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu May 19 05:58:08 EDT 2011

On 19 May 2011, at 09:52, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So, what's our current approach towards hardcoding maven repositories in the pom.xml files?
>
> Should we allow JBoss repos to be defined master/parent/pom.xml? This was added by Adrian C when he upgraded JClouds:
>
>      <repository>
>         <id>jboss</id>
>         <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
>      </repository>
>
> First of all, this is a deprecated repo and not sure it should even be amongst the configured repositories.
>
> Secondly, the idea so far has been that users configure the JBoss Maven repo in their settings.xml - http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenGettingStarted-Users

I think we should still stick to putting it in settings.xml since even as a bootstrap for project X to reach infinispan jars, you'd need the JBoss repo either in project X's pom or in settings.xml.

Now in some cases I've seen third-party repos exposed in certain modules' poms.  This needs to be assessed on a case-by-case basis, but is generally discouraged.  For example, infinispan-spring declares a repo which contains some Spring 3.1 milestone artefacts,  and cachestore-cloud points to a repo with JClouds milestones/snapshots.

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani