[infinispan-dev] JBoss Logging upgrade breaking build

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Sun Oct 23 04:20:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

This JBoss Logging upgrade is rather annoying for a couple of reasons:

1. IDE integration is broken: Before we had a JBoss Logging Processor as some dependency that allowed the logging processor to be found in the classpath. Now this is no longer in the classpath, so IntelliJ forces you to point to a jar. However, the new processing jar is split between two jars: ./jboss-logging-processor/1.0.0.CR3/jboss-logging-processor-1.0.0.CR3.jar  and ./jboss-logging-generator/1.0.0.CR3/jboss-logging-generator-1.0.0.CR3.jar - And the generation won't work without both jars being pointed by the annotation processor. David, why did you split these jars?

2. It breaks our build, see https://infinispan.ci.cloudbees.com/job/Infinispan-master-JDK6-tcp/268/org.infinispan$infinispan-query/console - What are these errors about? And why is it an info it breaks the compilation? :)
[INFO] diagnostic error: All message bundles and message logger messageMethods must have or inherit a message.

What is wrong with https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/query/src/main/java/org/infinispan/query/logging/Log.java ?

Cheers,

p.s. We can we please test these upgrades throughfully before committing them? Thx :)
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache