[infinispan-dev] Asymmetric caches and manual rehashing design

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 03:06:19 EDT 2011

On 9/28/11 4:24 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> Nice stuff.
>
> Some q:
>
> - When a node CM that has c1 and c2 caches running on it goes down, you'll end up having  REQUEST_LEAVE(c1) and REQUEST_LEAVE(c2) at the same time. Is this handled in serial or in parallel?

I don't think any requests should be sent in this case: the current
coordinator should add the LEAVE(s) into its queue, as if it indeed did
receive 2 LEAVE requests. This may or may not lead to rebalance,
depending on the rebalance policy (e.g. JOINS are queued, but LEAVES and
MERGES trigger a rebalance immediately).

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups (http://www.jgroups.org)