[infinispan-dev] X-S replication configuration

Erik Salter an1310 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:28:19 EDT 2012

Resurrecting this thread for a minute (insert "Walking Dead" reference here)
-- there are two configuration operations -- sync and async.

Are these related to transaction replay?  For instance, in the case of a
transaction, does a "sync" configuration mean the cluster will replay a 2PC
(or 1PC, in the case of synchronizations) to the other sites?  And async
means "fire and forget?"

Plus if I have the following configuration:

<namedCache="cache1">
          <backup name="STL" strategy="sync"/>
          <backup name="SFO" strategy="async"/>
</namedCache>
<namedCache="cache2">
          <backup name="STL" strategy="sync"/>
          <backup name="SFO" strategy="async"/>
</namedCache>
<namedCache="cache1">
          <backup name="STL" strategy="sync"/>
          <backup name="SFO" strategy="async"/>
</namedCache>
<namedCache="cache3">
          <backup name="STL" strategy="async"/>  <---------
          <backup name="SFO" strategy="async"/>
</namedCache>

...what happens if cache1, cache2, and cache3 were started in a transaction
in the PHL site?  How would these be replayed on the backup sites?  I would
expect that it would be "sync" for STL and "async" for SFO.

Thanks,

Erik