[infinispan-dev] Performance improvements, more...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Jan 19 05:45:34 EST 2012

On 19 January 2012 09:59, Bela Ban <bban at redhat.com> wrote:
> It would be interesting to see the numbers with bbc128, which makes
> sending a bit faster. I'd expect to see more writes and less reads,
> compared to their relative numbers.

Ok, done. This is the same Infinispan build, but using JGroups bbc128:

Done 880,969,860 transactional operations in 24.71 minutes using 5.1.0-SNAPSHOT
  875,033,689 reads and 5,936,171 writes
  Reads / second: 590,216
  Writes/ second: 4,003

Looks like a bit slower - confirming the figures I had two days ago.
Anyway my purpose with the comparison was just to proof the latest
patches in Infinispan where going in the correct direction, so I'm
intentionally not changing JGroups versions yet.

> BTW: I'm done with my implementation of Table, and the numbers look
> really impressive ! It is about the same as RingBuffer for smaller
> insertions (5 million), but for 50 million the number stays about the
> same (insertions and removals per second). For smaller numbers, Table is
> ca 4 times *faster* than NakReceiverWindow.
>
> I still want to add more tests for Table (copy and convert the ones for
> RingBuffer), and then switch NAKACK2 over from RingBuffer to Table. I'm
> very curious to see the perf numbers after that change !
>
> Next comes passing up of entire bundles, this should also make a big
> difference !
> Exiting times, cheers !

If you commit it on an experimental branch, I'll give it a preview run ..
Cheers,
Sanne