[infinispan-dev] Hung testsuite

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 05:41:08 EDT 2012

On 10/2/12 11:27 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:
> Hey Sanne
>
> Funny, Tristan just pinged me about the same problem in
> StateTransferFunctionalTest...
>
> I haven't reproduced it yet, but it could be because I don't have the very
> latest updates. At first I thought it was related to
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2357, but then in your thread dump all
> test threads are stuck in JGroupsTransport.waitForChannelToConnect so it
> looks like a JGroups thing.

JGroupsTransport.waitForChannelToConnect() is Infinispan code, not
JGroups code. IMO unneeded code, too, as I don't understand why we're
waiting on a latch until we get a view after calling JChannel.connect().
When JChannel.connect() returns, you're guaranteed to have a view
installed, so this code can (should !) be removed, as it makes things
unnecessarily complex (and error prone ?).

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)