[infinispan-dev] Unexpected value returned from the cache

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Apr 9 12:28:54 EDT 2013

Hi,
I'm frequently experiencing problems with a stack as this one:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Class cannot be cast to [B
at org.infinispan.lucene.SingleChunkIndexInput.<init>(SingleChunkIndexInput.java:49)

The puzzling aspect is that the cast operation is applied on a type
I'm retreiving from a Cache, which can not possibly be of a different
type. I also happen to store some byte[] instances, but I never store
a Class instance so I have no clue where this is coming from.

I see these possible explanations:
 1- Infinispan "forgets" to deserialize the object I'm requesting
 2- It's picking the wrong Externalizer
 3- the key is returning me a diffent object
 4- I'm fooling myself with crap code

Any known issue in the first 3 categories?

Please don't ask me for trace logs, when I enable those the problem
doesn't happen.. I could try again with specific categories.

Sanne